Thursday, January 19, 2012

Dive 8

Hello :) Dive 8 went well! I have been letting Jackson suck on his bottle the whole session, but I took it away and was hiding it under the blanket. And he is ok without it. I'm starting to get in a grove of the drive into the city, feeding Jackson and jumping into our scrubs :) When Jackson gets into the clinic he knows right where to go now. I was nervous at the beginning about how he would react in the chamber but he is now used to it. He was always a great baby to take around anywhere :) In the evening we went to the grocery store and there was a mom with a screaming 3 year old. The mom look over at Jackson and said to her child ' Why can you be calm like that kid?'. We get that a lot from other parents. Jackson just looks at kids that are kicking and screaming on the ground. Most of the time I don't discuss about Jackson's autism, just it a long story, not that I'm ashamed of it. Just I'm not in to talking to a cashier or a mom that I may never see again. A lot of moms who don't know what we are going through say ' your lucky, to have such a great baby'. Yes I am very lucky to have Jackson, lucky to have a hard working husband so I can stay at home ( well not really stay at home), and lucky to have great weather this winter. Lucky to have the options to do what we can to help Jackson! So Yes I'm lucky, but so are every other moms. Other questions/comment I get a lot is when are we going to have more children? I love kids, I wish I could have 20 kids! I love a full house, I always imagine having lots of kids. And a lot of people say that Jackson needs a playmate. I would love to provide him with that but coming up to my mid 30's I am committed to helping Jackson. And with a chance of our next child to have autism is higher (even though I would not vaccinate that child and they would be fine) I can't be pregnant when going into the chamber and being pregnant while bring Jackson to therapy to therapy just wouldn't work. Our plan is to recover Jackson and give him the best quality of life possible. There are 7 billion people on this earth (maybe if we had to help the population out) and Jackson needs all of our attention(which we love to give him). And we can't wait to watch him develop and say his first real words! We are not going to let the novelty wear out on him ( like moms who scream at their kids all the time). And we are not going to give up on him......would you want to be giving up on? Take care! On to Dive 9 of 40 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment