Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Dive # 1 January, 9, 2012



We arrived at the clinic in good time. I was a nervous wreck for the unknown. I fed Jackson just before entering the Hbot. We put on scrubs and no items are allowed in the chamber besides plastic water bottles. So we get in and they turn on the Thomas movie right away. And Jackson has his bottle (with water in it) that he likes to suck on like a pacifier (which I hate but in this case we let him do it). For those who don't know about hbot quick review : Hyperberic Oxygen Therapy is the medical use of oxygen at a level higher than atmospheric pressure. Used for burn victims, stroke patients , autism and many more...etc. We think Jackson was hurt by vaccinations and his dairy allergies that his poor little body couldn't keep up with all the toxins in his body to dump them out. Hbot has many healing properties and we hope with many other forms of treatments and therapies he can have a better quality of life and a chance to recover! Oh ya back to my story. So we get in and they put a grounding strinp on my wrist (note blue strap) to protect from shocks. It takes 7 to 10 minutes to get to the 'bottom' (cuz we are diving down 1.5 ata) and I have to make my ears pop...like going in an airplane. Children's ear drums are more flexible so Jackson ears didn't bother. He picked at them once and looked over at me but it didn't seem to be bothered by it. I on the other hand looked like I was a kid going to the dentist for the first time. The staff and John (my husband) were watching us and it made me more nervous so they all went away minus the technician who stays with you the whole time. Once we are at the 'bottom' it was like you were in a glass jar but a comfy glass jar with pillows and a tv. Jackson noticed half way through the treatment which is 90 mins that he was in something. John was working in the lobby of the clinic and would come by time to time to pick the phone that was attached to chamber to talk to us. And the phone was near all the buttons for the machine so that was making me nervous too cuz John loves to make me laugh and he is so wity but now was not the time. Well maybe a little giggle here and there lighten the mood. I watched Thomas the train movies the whole time and the theme was to be brave and strong. Jackson pointed to the screen once when the tech was switching out the movies. Which was cute to see as we don't see Jackson point! I got to hold and cuddle him for the whole time which made me happy to be doing this for him. Now was time to go back 'up' to normal pressure and my ears just popped the whole time. Didn't hurt but it was a pinch in the ears for about 10 mins. John was there to grab Jackson and we let him run around the clinic for a bit and enjoy the freedom before we put him back in his car seat. I sat in the back with him, like i did when we first brought him home and we said I love you Jackson...and we heard "ackson". We both looked at each other and said it must of been a fluke though. On to Dive 2 of 40 :)










1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you J Ville and I look forward to coming home from work...making a tea...and reading about how your day was...hugs...

    ReplyDelete